Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Manifesto


This elaborate definition of “critical” includes various context-specific meanings for the word and will serve as a manifesto for this blog.

Statement #1 is the most important goal of this little artistic experiment: stimulate critical thought. In 2008, with information at our fingertips and free of charge (e.g. free internet access at your public library) it pains me to see how many people don’t ever question what they hear. I am not condoning the “doubting Thomas” approach, but we should not take any information for granted. We must explore perspectives.

Statement #2 will require the active dialogue of readers. A good discussion/debate can sometimes cause “a chain reaction” of thoughts leading to an “abrupt change” in opinion.

Statement #3 pertains to the quality of submissions in this blog. I will try to carefully evaluate and judge my words prior to posting them. A quality control of sorts.

Statement #4 reflects my need (and hopefully yours) for grey matter stimulation.

Statements #5 and #6 are representative of life. There is no specific “critical phase” per say in my opinion. Life is a constant sequence of potential “turning points” and “crises” on a personal level. On a larger scale, from evolutionary survival of the fittest to various medical, military and ecological challenges man is constantly “verging on a state of emergency”.

Statement #7 is what I will try my best to stray away from. Although I plan to stimulate some critical thought, I AM NOT A CRITIC nor do I wish to fill my blog with criticism.









And with that said, lets begin...






4 comments:

  1. Feel free to comment. Another post is coming soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey homes, you loco man!!, you loco!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow alex....you finaly took my advice and started inventing words (ei: -gene)! you see....chain reaction does work!
    good job, can't wait to read what your thinking about tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete