Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Something in the water?

It's been a little over six weeks since I moved to Toronto. Listen to this interesting dream I had last night. I think Toronto's water supply is drugged!

The following takes place between 6 AM and 7 AM inside my head.


As dawn covers the battlefield in its orange hue, myself and a dozen archers approach the castle we are going to attack. As we approach the castle walls, the draw bridge lets out a dull metallic moan. They know we’re here…

“READY…” I yell and we all reach for an arrow, load it into our bows and wait for the onslaught of soldiers sent to protect their castle. The first soldiers to appear are pelted with a storm of arrows and fall dead. However, in the next few seconds, a hundred soldiers storm through the castle entrance and rush towards us. Although a few more castle defenders are killed my whole group is dead within seconds.

Pause.

A window pops up:

Mission Failed. Would you like to restart?
(OK) (Cancel)

Mission restarts, however this time I am in a fort not on the battlefield. As I am getting my team of archers together for the attack, a man stops me: an important and powerful man.

- “We can’t attack Quebec” says the man after he grabs my arm.
- “These are my orders, sire” I reply.
- “THESE ORDERS WERE GIVEN WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. This is not an acceptable course of action. If we attack Quebec, this will re-ignite old rivalries and too much blood will be spilled! ”

The alarm clock buzzes.







Author's notes:

I have not played Warcraft 2 in years!
I have no intentions of attacking Quebec.


1 comment:

  1. hey Al,
    maybe your mind is just telling you that it's alright that you have moved to To. Mtl. will always be part of you.

    ReplyDelete